Dr Friebe offers a comprehensive range of services and procedures for common women’s health issues. He also specialises in colposcopy, vulvoscopy, vulval disorders, and operative gynaecology, including laparoscopy.
Abnormal Pap Smears
- Colposcopy and biopsy.
- In-rooms LLETZ procedure under local anaesthetic for high-grade changes in cells of the cervix.
- Cone Biopsy of the cervix under general anaesthetic as clinically appropriate for high grade lesions.
- Advice on all forms of contraception.
- Implanon insertion and removal.
- Mirena insertion and removal.
- Tubal ligation.
- Initial investigation with ultrasound, blood tests, Pap smear as required.
- Hysteroscopy D+C.
- Removal of uterine polyps if required.
- Mirena insertion.
- Endometrial ablation.
- Resection / removal of fibroids if required.
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy.
- Robotic Surgery.
- Initial investigation with ultrasound, swabs, blood tests.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy.
- Laparoscopic excision of endometriosis / division of adhesions.
- Laparoscopic removal of ovarian cysts / other masses.
- Laparoscopic removal of ectopic pregnancy.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome/Menstrual Irregularity
- Primary investigation and work up.
- Advice on diet, exercise, and dietician referral as necessary.
- Period management and fertility management.
- Surgical repair and correction of utero vaginal prolapse.
- Pessary fitting and change over as appropriate.
Vulval itch / irritation and pain
- Vulvoscopy and biopsy where required.
- Treatment of lichen sclerosis, dermatitis, atrophic vaginitis.
- Surgical management of Bartholin’s abscesses, vulval / labial abscesses.