Learn about obstetrics services offered by Dr Jamie Friebe, including:
- Counselling with regards to pre-existing high-risk medical issues.
- Counselling, appropriate investigation and formulation of a management plan with regards to previous poor or unsatisfactory pregnancy outcomes.
- Booking blood test investigations.
- Dating ultrasound to confirm accurate due dates.
- Counselling and organising screening for Down Syndrome and other chromosomal trisomies. (If amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling is required, Dr Friebe will arrange referral to an appropriate service).
- Screening for gestational diabetes and anaemia in pregnancy.
- Ultrasound for cervical surveillance in situations high risk for cervical incompetence.
- Regular check-ups to monitor foetal growth and to watch for pre-eclampsia.
- Management of pre-existing medical issues in conjunction with nearby medical specialists if appropriate.
Labour and Childbirth
- Management of spontaneous labour and normal vaginal delivery.
- Induction of labour as required.
- Management of multiple pregnancies.
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean section.
- Instrumental deliveries (Vacuum and forceps deliveries).
- Caesarean section, both elective and emergency.
Post Natal Management
- Post-natal checks including checks of any stitches etc. required after delivery.
- Post-natal pap smear if due.
- Advice and management of any contraception issues postnatally, including insertion of Mirena or Implanon if requested.